Adobe Premiere Pro CC will not work with Iphone video-Sept 2019

Sep 13, 2019
Hello,
We have recently updated to Adobe Premiere Pro CC at our school. We often use students iphones to film. With this new update when we import our videos into Pro mwe have had nothing but issues. When I drag the video from the project panel into the timeline panel it will only import the audio, however if you place the video in the source panel it will show both audio and video. It seems to happen on almost every machine. The tricky thing is that some machines it will work however....they are all imaged the same way so it doesn't make a lot of sense. I have tried changing the students video recording format and it still doesn't work, we have tried to email the videos......I am out of ideas....

We are copying the videos onto the computer before uploading into the program, so its not a case of looking for the video....

aedownload

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 28, 2019
Hello,
We have recently updated to Adobe Premiere Pro CC at our school. We often use students iphones to film. With this new update when we import our videos into Pro mwe have had nothing but issues. When I drag the video from the project panel into the timeline panel it will only import the audio, however if you place the video in the source panel it will show both audio and video. It seems to happen on almost every machine. The tricky thing is that some machines it will work however....they are all imaged the same way so it doesn't make a lot of sense. I have tried changing the students video recording format and it still doesn't work, we have tried to email the videos......I am out of ideas....

We are copying the videos onto the computer before uploading into the program, so its not a case of looking for the video....
When I drag the video from the project panel into the timeline panel it will only import the audio, however if you place the video in the source panel it will show both audio and video. It seems to happen on almost every machine.

That is because tracks are not source patched. If you drag from the source monitor track gets patched.

So it has nothing to do with iphones but rather the way of editing.

source patching.png