Resolution for print/screen

Sep 13, 2019
Hello, I am creating an animation for a client who wants to both print up to A0 size shots from the animation and also obviously have it play on screen.
Im unsure what size/PPI to create my animation at in after effects?

Sep 13, 2019
Hello, I am creating an animation for a client who wants to both print up to A0 size shots from the animation and also obviously have it play on screen.
Im unsure what size/PPI to create my animation at in after effects?
There are no inches in video. No inches on the web. No inches in anything but print so you have to count the number of pixels you want in the final image you are going to print and choose that for your comp size. Dep[ending on the artwork suitable PPI for printing can range from 100 PPI to 300 PPI. You will have to make that judgment call.

Be warned. Video has standards and not all frame sizes will render in formats that are commonly used to distribute video to the public.

To prove my point download these images and open them in any app suitable for printing. They are both the same pixel dimensions but one is just a dot on a page and the other won't fit on a poster, but in AE or on the web they are both the same size.
1ppi.jpg

9999ppi.jpg